Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Will to Resist...

In the Old Testament the Israelites had just crossed the Red Sea in a miraculous event.  Water came from the rock and many other numerous miracles had occurred.  However when they came to the banks of the Jordan and saw the giants and scary people on the other side of the river their hearts were faint and they pulled back from taking the Promised Land.  I maintain they had what I call the "slave mentality."

These folks had just come from many years of slavery and bowing and scraping and learning obedience from the time they were born.  The will to "resist" had been trained out of them.  In fact they were trained to be obedient to apparent authority just because the authority was clothed in the trappings of legality.
  They were born with all of the same rights, privileges and responsibilities that we are today.  These are the natural God given rights of man such as the rights to life, Liberty and property.

They were so beaten down and so well trained that they had lost the "will to resist."  Today I wonder, "Do I have the will to resist?"  Do I have the will it takes to assert my God given rights in the face of a government who, on its face, is asserting its illegitimate authority to make me bend and bow with the weight of the law enforcers who are convinced that they are right because they wear the uniform of the so called legitimate authority? 

This weekend we dodged a couple of so called bullets in the legislature of Illinois as the Chicago Machine crowd tried to buffalo the rest of the legislature into passing the most onerous of legislation.  The laws would have outlawed most of the guns that I and many of my friends have.  Fortunately the People rose up and burned the midnight oil and the phone lines and every other method of communication to defeat soundly the 'dark-of-night' attempt to get this done.

This begs the question, if it had passed what would I do?  Would I meekly line up to register my guns and "gun paraphernalia?"  Or, would I continue about my business and take my chance?  Maybe I would buy a bunch of plastic pipe and go to burying my guns.  What about the law enforcers?  What would they do?  Would the elected sheriffs go by there family's homes, the moms and dads, and brothers and sisters, and cousins and aunts and uncles and friends and demand that they turn their stuff in first or register them.  Would the State's Attorneys across this state prosecute their family and friends for exercising their fundamental right to keep and bear an arm without infringement?   


So the question, will I have the strength the courage and the willingness to take a stand in the face of the theft of my fundamental rights?  Will my friends in law enforcement and government in general enforce this type of legislation in the future?  Will I and my family be cut down in the dead of night in a phenomenon known as death by cop?  I don't know but for now I plan on standing firm and staying the course.  I am no criminal, but I know it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong. The slave mentality of obedience to every government decree is not right.  No one, including me, objects to legitimate law against true criminal behavior, but the theft of Liberty in the name of public safety is a wolf in sheep's clothing. 

It has been said, "Morality is doing what is right in spite of what you are told. Obedience is doing what you are told regardless of what is right." Have "We the People" lost the will to take a stand?  I am no Rambo.  I am small, I have no fighting skills, but I do know I can stand.  I can say, "Come and take them."  I wonder if I will stand alone?

"A citizen may not be required to offer a good and substantial reason why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right's existence is all the reason he needs." Woolard v. Maryland, Judge Benson Everett Legg

Edited to add this video.  Powerful, this took place today 1/6/13 in Springfield, IL, After I posted this blog. The Justice committee just decided to pull the gun ban after all the phone calls and emails etc. It just fits with the above post:


  

No comments:

Post a Comment