Thursday, April 3, 2014

There are Those Who Stand Ready; Ready to Stand

I came across this recent post under the Western Rifle Shooters Blog entitled "Public Notice: Dear Connecticut Patriots."  There are those out there who will stand by the Connecticut folks in their time of need if their government decides to come for them.  I can't help but think that King George really underestimated the resolve of the Colonists in their time and they may be about to underestimate the resolve of the Connecticut Patriots in the present time.

Illinois may have "dodged the bullet" for now but the arrogant legislators from Chicago and a few other places are still deluding themselves that they will be able to RULE with an iron fist here in Illinois.  As I have said in the past, quoting from the Declaration of Independence:

  • "all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies;
 In this generation it is no different.  We the People of Illinois have put up with a long train of abuses, but the sleeping giant is waking and now believes that the tyrant WILL try to take away their means of self defense against the encroachment by government of their fundamental rights.  We have all wanted to believe that our governments would never take on the cloak of the tyrant, but the bloom is now off the rose.

There are still many who want to believe, but in their hearts realize that what the Founders said about government returning to its tyrannical nature is in essence just a matter of time.  To quote Thomas Jefferson:
  • "The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." 
 Hopefully all will get the message that they are not to mess with our Fundamental God given rights.  Fundamental rights require no permission from any government anywhere to exercise.

I also found the following quote on the above website that speaks to me and my frame of mind. 
  •  "I don't really like the label 'criminal', but I'll take it over 'slave'." – Anonymous Millenial
I sympathize with the folks in Connecticut, and I am not likely to travel unless it were to get totally out of hand.  I can't quite convince myself that the police and National Guard in Connecticut would break their Oath to confiscate guns from otherwise law abiding citizens.  I am not naive enough to believe that some would do it however my mind just won't let me believe that enough of them will break their Oath to crush their Citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment